Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pumpkin Pudding Bars- Grain Free/Gluten Free

gluten free pumpkin pudding bars


This simple seasonal pumpkin pudding bar snack can be made quickly and enjoyed by all. I called this recipe pumpkin pudding bars because they can be cut nicely into firm bars, yet have the consistency of a creamy pudding-like texture.

This tasty dessert will satisfy anyone's pumpkin craving.
 Let's face it who isn't craving pumpkin this time of the year?  ! It seems to be everywhere right now.



In addition, this is a perfect healthy snack for kids.
It's not too sweet, can transport easily in a lunchbox, and makes a perfect after school snack that provides some protein and nutrients. A little whipped cream or whipped coconut cream topping would make it divine.


This recipe is grain free, gluten free, nut free and dairy free.

Judee Algazi
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes tops
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Note: I always use whole food ingredients ( but the recipes will work with regular sugar and GF flour)
Pin it for later: Pin It

Ingredients: 
2 cups of pumpkin puree or ( 1 can of pumpkin )
1/2 cup of coconut sugar ( get in the health food store- it looks and acts like brown sugar but is lower in carbs and higher in fiber  and more nutritious)
4 large eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons coconut flour ( or any gluten free flour)
2 Tablespoons coconut or almond milk ( Add if using coconut flour which needs extra liquid, omit for reg GF flour)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice ( or if you don't have any make your own  - easy pumpkin pie spice mix  )
Optional: Add plenty of chocolate chips if you must! ( I did)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 
In a medium bowl, (using a large spoon), cream the pumpkin and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the beaten eggs, almond milk or coconut milk and mix well. Then add the spices and coconut flour. Mix well, smashing any lumps that form if you are using the coconut flour..
Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and pour in batter. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until set , but not overdone,. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars.

pumpkin pudding bar batter spread in parchment in a baking pan



     

If you like this post,  please pin it on Pinterest 

If you are new to my blog and would like me to email you my recipes when I post them, please enter your email on my subscribe box in the right top column of the blog.  Don't miss a recipe - about one or two a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time)

photo of womanFood is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. All recipes on my blog are gluten free. I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon. For a quick overview of my recipes, go to Bloglovin' ( see my icons at the top right corner of my blog) 



Author: Judee Algazi
3K+

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost of my blog expenses. Thank you for your support.

3K+
Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.


27 comments:

  1. G'day! Looks yum and thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty
    Please make sure to revisit if you haven't already to Say G'day to the hosts and another person at the party!
    Cheers! Joanne @ What's On The List Both submissions Pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.. I always try to visit quite a few. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Whoo I love the sound of these Judee, I've never tried Pumpkin before..

    Thanks for linking up #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire,
    Well it's time to try it. Most people like it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I am loving the abundance of fresh pumpkin flavors right now.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked pumpkin until recently. It does seem to be everywhere

      Delete
  5. I've never seen anything like this before. I always prefer a creamy textured dessert. Looks good, Judee. Thank you for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele,
      It is a silky creamy yet firm dessert! I'm a regular at your blog carnival. I find so many interesting recipes

      Delete
  6. YUM! I'm all about chocolate chips, I'd add them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this gluten free seasonal treat.I am new at baking gluten free but I look forward to making them this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either the can or the carton for the almond or coconut milk will work..Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Savoring Saturdays. Please add the link back so we can feature your recipe! Stumbled and pinned! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted you want to feature my recipe. You are in my Blog listings, but I've now added you to the post.
      Thanks

      Delete
  9. Your Pumpkin Pudding Bars are a delicious autumn snack, Judee. They look wonderful! Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with anything pumpkin. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have saved this recipe to try. It sure sounds tasty. I love pumpkin and use the puree all through out the year. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & Twitted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judee
    I'm so glad these worked for you. Interesting addition of coconut milk, I may have to try that.

    http://blueberrygirlinoz.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/impossible-pumpkin-pie.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin pudding bars sounds magical. I've never heard of anything like these before. Thanks for sharing at DDT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judee,
    What healthy and delectable treats! Just great for the holiday season! Thank you so much for sharing this Pumpkin Pudding Bars recipe at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this healthy and real food treat. Thanks for linking up at Foodie Fridays. I look forward to seeing you and your posts again this week.
    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your healthy recipes! I've been meaning to make bars like this for the kids (and me of course!), so thank you for the recipe! So glad to see you at Foodie Fridays again this week! Have a wonderful day and hope to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to have one of your delicious bars right now. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love pumpkin treats! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pumpkin so any recipe that includes that I'll definitely try. Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at #overthemoon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was able to purchase some nice organic fresh pumpkins this week from a neighbour. They will be perfect in this recipe. Thank you for sharing it, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Judee,
    Wow this looks good and I love that it is gluten -free. I always use organic pumpkin or locally grown pumpkin. What a great snack for kids or adults!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly